Monday, January 13, 2014

Cooking level: Simple- GF Fried Catfish and Hush Puppies

So I made this catfish for dinner with some hush-puppies.  They are both from the Gluten Free Bible.

 Here's the recipe.  I used avocado oil instead of vegetable oil and black pepper instead of red pepper.  I used the Namaste Gluten Free All Purpose Flour and it worked really well.

This is me making the dough for the hush puppies (step 3). 

This is ALSO me making the dough for the hush-puppies (step 2).


Chopping onions for my hush-puppies (step one).


Me coating the fish in the mixture of pepper, flour, and cornmeal.

Me frying the hush-puppies in oil.

First I fried the catfish and kept it in the oven to keep it warm while I used the same pan to fry the hush puppies.  I saved some of the dough so I can add jalpenos and cheddar to make my dad some Mexican hush puppies!
Let me know if you try this recipe and like it!  See you in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment